A quick look into Kindle Select
There are two things you should know right away:
- The Amazon platform accounts for 67% of all ebook traffic.
- Royalties on Amazon fluctuate between 35% and 70% for ebooks (compared to 25–50% range with other publishers).
As you see, Amazon looks like a very appealing opportunity. You’ve got two options in there: Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) with a non-exclusive clause, and KDP Select, with an exclusive selling right to your work.
KDP Select is more lucrative, but you can’t sell on other platforms. However, Amazon compensates that by giving you:
- Higher royalties: check their different royalty options to see what suits you best.
- Other income sources: by adding your book to their Kindle Unlimited and Kindle Owners Lending Library programs, you get royalties based on page reads.
- Free marketing tools: a countdown time discount and time constraint free promotion.
If you aren’t satisfied with KDP Select, you can get out of it after 90 days.
See how it goes!
Are you curious about the world of sound and music? Learn how music can enhance a plant’s growth, the way sound changes our sense of taste, understand the music industry, and much more!Join my newsletter to embark on this journey of sound awareness.
If you were interested in this article, I recommend you follow this link: Writing Tips